* The girls of Pennsylvania play their state’s high school championships this weekend, vying for attention with Ohio’s final competition. Perennial challenger Cumberland Valley gets the top seed at the North Penn-hosted tournament, which begins early Friday morning in Lansdale. The Reading Eagle provides a high level overview of the tournament. The boys’ tournament takes place next weekend at Cumberland Valley. Follow both the girls’ and boys’ results in TWp’s Bracket Tracker.
* Mason High School in Ohio won the right to host this weekend’s Ohio High School Championships, whose boys’ and girls’ final matches (at least) will be live streamed via HighSchoolCube.com according to OhioWaterpolo.com. Upper Arlington and Napoleon get the top girls’ seeds; St. Xavier and Thomas Worthington, the boys’. As usual, results can be found in TWp’s Bracket Tracker.
* The post season starts in Michigan on Friday when East and West District High School Championships for boys take place at Ann Arbor Huron, Saline, and Rockford. The Rams of Rockford maintain their top ranking at the end of the regular season and are favored to win the title at the championship tourney in Ann Arbor beginning November 15.
* All the scores from Georgia’s state championships that were completed on October 13 have been updated in the Bracket Tracker. Check out the serpentine path taken by Norcross (Blue Devil) in earning their boys’ title, while Lakeside won the girls’ championship in a mild upset.
* Oregon preps begin their playoffs on October 31. Brackets are forthcoming but you can survey the high school water polo scene in the Beaver State via their snazzy new website: OregonWaterpolo.org.